My motorcycle was in the back of my friend’s truck, which flooded and went downstream. Would his insurance cover the motorcycle?

My motorcycle was in the back of my friend's truck so that I wouldn’t have to ride home in the rain. He took a shortcut home and drove through a low water crossing. He got stuck and the water started to rise and eventually pushed the truck downstream with the motorcycle in the back. Whose insurance is responsible?

Jul 22, 2019 Hico, TX

Kristine Lee

Jul 22, 2019

I'm sorry but your friend's insurance company would not be responsible for your motorcycle since car insurance does not cover the contents of the vehicle, which is what the motorcycle would be considered. If you have comprehensive coverage on the motorcycle, your insurance company will likely cover the claim. Keep in mind if you file a claim it can impact your rates for up to 5 years.

Good luck, and if you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmark No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.