I have to move my car from New York to Ohio; can I get insurance with temporary tags and a New York license for the journey?

My car is currently in storage, but I am moving from New York to Ohio soon. I have an Ohio temporary tag to drive my car from NY to Cleveland, where I will register my car and get an Ohio driver's license. Will I be able to insure my car even though I still have a NY drivers license and have not had insurance in a while?

Nov 25, 2020 Cleveland, OH

Renata Balasco

Nov 25, 2020

You should have no problem getting insurance for Ohio with these circumstances. Having an Ohio license would likely help, but is definitely not a requirement to find a company that will insure you.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmark No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.
Related Questions