Moving abroad for a while, but don't want to loose the plates in NY. What should I do?

Currently Geico cannot offer me insurance without me needing to hand in the plates.

Sep 3, 2018 Brooklyn, NY

Ava Lynch

Sep 3, 2018

Unfortunately, as long as the car is registered and still has plates, you have to maintain insurance on the car. There really is no way around it. You may be able to find a company that offers a storage policy but that would be company specific. I do not have a list of the companies that will do this but we can quote you with different companies for a regular policy. Then you can inquire about a storage policy. We can quote you with several carriers at You can also give us a call at  833-768-7789. Good luck and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.
Related Questions