My son has moved out on bad terms. Should I still keep him on my insurance?

He is 18, insured with his own car under my insurance. I don't know where he is living.

Sep 15, 2019 Orlando, FL

Kristine Lee

Sep 15, 2019

If your son's vehicle is registered in your name, I would keep it insured. Florida will suspend the license of the registered person if a vehicle isn't insured. If it is in his name, I would try to contact him in any way possible and tell him he has a month or so to discuss options or at that point, you could drop him from your insurance.

Regardless, you cannot be on the same policy if the vehicle is outside of the listed household address for very long. Your insurance would not be happy if they discover the insured car is at a different address from yours.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmark No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.
Related Questions