Ask An Agent


Get free insurance advice on demand



Do I need a commercial or personal auto policy?

I am a consultant for direct sales. Do I need a commercial policy for driving to a client’s home? No one rides with me and I don’t take the goods with me.

Agent Answer

Ava Lynch

As long as you’re not transferring people or goods, your type of policy would qualify as “business use,” which means you do use your vehicle in the course of your day but not for commercial use. Just call your insurance company and let them know. The price of your policy may or may not change, it’s up to them. If you do get a big rate increase, feel free to use our insurance comparison calculator find another rate.

Was this helpful?

0 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More