Do I need a consent form to remove husband from car insurance policy?

I am from the state of South Carolina. My husband and I are getting a divorce. How do I get him off my car insurance policy? Is there a consent form he needs to sign? How does this work?

Jan 7, 2019 Lancaster, SC

Ava Lynch

Jan 7, 2019

There isn't a consent form. What I would recommend is contacting the insurance company and advising them of the situation to see what they can do to remove you from the policy. You will also need to get your own policy. Make sure the new policy is in place before you have yourself removed from the current policy. Good luck, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Check out our page on the impact of divorce on your car insurance policy for more information.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.