Do I need to get a non-owners policy if I'm borrowing my mom's vehicle?

I don't own a vehicle. Do I need to get a non-owner policy if I just use one of my parent's vehicles

Jun 21, 2019 Mission, TX

Ross Martin

Jun 21, 2019


If you live with your parents and drive their vehicle more than once a month, they will need to add you to their policy. If you do not live with them and/or you do not drive the vehicle more than once a month, you would be covered under what's known as permissive use (provided you have your parent's permission to drive their car).


Good luck and if you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmark No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.