Ask An Agent


Get free insurance advice on demand



Do I need insurance coverage for my new scooter?

I recently bought a Vespa and I’m still in the process of learning to ride it. It has a 150 CC engine. When I’m ready to take it on the road, will I need to insure it?

Agent Answer

Neil Richardson

There are a few things you will need before you take your new scooter out on the road to be legal in Delaware. You will need a motorcycle license and you must register and title your scooter with the state. You will need to show proof of insurance when you register the Vespa, so it’s a good idea to start shopping around for a new policy. If you own the scooter outright but it is new, you might want to consider adding comprehensive and collision coverage to protect it from damage and theft.

Was this helpful?

0 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More