Do I need to be insured on the insurance policy if I'm the co-lessee of a car

He is the only driver. He is in CA. I am in FL. Do I need to be insured on his policy? I have my own policy for the 3 cars that my family has at my home address.

Aug 31, 2018 Boca Raton, FL

Ava Lynch

Aug 31, 2018

You do not have to be listed as a driver on the policy. You will need to be listed as an additional interest. You will be added an additional interest because you are financially responsible for the car. The finance company will need to be listed as a lienholder. This means that if the car is in an accident and totaled, the finance company would be paid first. Good luck and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.
Related Questions