Do I need a landlord policy or homeowner?

I'm not sure if I need a homeowners or landlord insurance policy for my property that I rent out. I own it, so I assume I'd need a homeowners policy?

Dec 31, 2017 Denton, TX

Ava Lynch

Dec 31, 2017

A homeowners policy doesn't apply for rented out residences as it's intended for those who live "full-time" there. If you're renting your residence out, what you should look for is a landlord policy. These policies include things like property damage and liability insurance, but also things like loss of income if your rental property becomes uninhabitable due to a covered loss as well as some optional coverage. These coverage options range from rent guarantee insurance or extended property coverage to things like carpet or furnishings.

Compare homeowners insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmark No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.