Do I need non-owners for a policy I am borrowing?

Need to find an agent that sells non-owners insurance policies. Need to find insurance coverage on my mother who does not own a vehicle but will be borrowing one for two months.

Jan 15, 2019 Baxter Springs, KS

Ava Lynch

Jan 15, 2019

If your mom will be borrowing a car that she does not own, she needs to be listed as a driver on the owner of the car's insurance policy. A non-owners policy is for someone that may drive occasionally but does not have regular access to a specific vehicle. Since your mom will be driving a specific vehicle for a few months, she doesn't qualify for a non-owners policy. Good luck and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.