Who needs to be on the insurance and the title?

I'm 16 and I'm about to buy a vehicle so me and my boyfriend can get to work. and So I need to know if the titles in my name but insurance in his? Because I don't have a valid driver license. I won't be driving the vehicle.

Dec 30, 2018 Summertown, TN

Ava Lynch

Dec 30, 2018

You would both need to be on the policy since he will be driving the car and you will own it. If you will not be driving the car, he can get the policy in his name but you will need to be listed as an excluded driver, which means you are not covered to drive the car. You will also need to be listed as an additional interest since you're the owner of the car. At The Zebra, we can quote you with several companies at once. You can also give us a call at 833-768-7789. Good luck and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmark No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.