Which part of my policy will cover my vehicle after a hit-and-run?

I was parked on the side of the road and my car was hit. My two passenger side doors are dented and some paint is chipped. I have had it looked at and it is estimated that the repairs are far more than I can afford or am willing to pay. What classification would this fall under if i made an insurance claim?

Jan 30, 2017 Seattle, WA

Neil Richardson

Jan 30, 2017

In Washington, uninsured motorist property damage coverage is optional on your policy so you may be able to claim that if it's included on your policy. If not, you could always claim it under you collision coverage. Your insurance company can go over the details of your policy and let you know how it will be classified based on your specific coverage.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.