Does progressive auto insurance cover house property damage?
I was in an automobile accident and caused damage to a fence and to a side of a house. Does my liability insurance cover both?
- You strike a fence and cause is $50,000 in damages
- You have a property damage liability limit of $15,000 - the legal limit of PD liability in Maryland.
- After you've exhausted your 15k limit, you would be responsible for the other 35k in damage.
- Use our State of Insurance to see that an at-fault accident raises rates in MD by 40%.
- Get an estimate for the damage to the fence and side of the house.
- Compare the 40% rate increase you would receive every three years to the out-of-pocket costs. If it is cheaper to file a claim, do that.