What should I do if I was rear-ended and the insurance on the other vehicle doesn't want to pay for my damage?

I was hit from behind while waiting at a red light. When I contacted the other driver's insurance company, they said they wouldn't pay for the damage since he was not listed as a driver on the policy. What can I do?

Jan 10, 2017 Dallas, TX

Neil Richardson

Jan 10, 2017

I would recommend contacting your insurance company for assistance in dealing with the other insurance company. If your policy includes collision and/or uninsured motorist property damage coverage, then you should be able to get your vehicle repaired and your company will deal with the other party. In situations like this, your insurance company will be your best bet.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.