Someone hit me while pumping gas and I only have the license plate. What do I do next?

I have liability with uninsured motorist coverage, would the damage be covered?

Jan 8, 2020 Concord, CA

Kristine Lee

Jan 8, 2020

The damage from the hit-and-run would be covered if you have UMPD (uninsured motorist property damage). In California, you need to file a police report for the accident to be deemed a hit-and-run in most cases. If you haven't done so already, you may want to contact your local law enforcement so you can provide your insurance a police report to supplement your claim.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. For more information on uninsured motorist coverage, see below for related articles.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.
Related Questions