If my son hit a deer and crashed into a ditch, should I file a claim?

The truck is still drivable but has some major damage that will need to get repaired. My deductible is $500 and I'm trying to decide if I should file a claim or pay out of pocket for the damage? I'm worried about our rate increasing if I choose to file with my insurance company.

Jun 25, 2017 Logan, OH

Neil Richardson

Jun 25, 2017

If your son hit a deer and that is what caused him to go into the ditch then the accident is likely to be considered a comprehensive claim rather than a collision. Comprehensive claims generally don't impact rates as severely, if at all, the way a collision claim would if he had hit another driver. I would recommend getting a repair estimate, but if I were in your shoes I would probably file the claim.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.
Related Questions