Son moved and sold his car

I had my son on my car insurance policy when he was a teenager. However, now that he is 20 years old, he has moved out to a new state and sold his car. He no longer lives at home or with me, nor does he have the same car that was on the policy. But the insurance company wants proof of his new insurance. How can I prove he moved out?

Jul 2, 2018 Kingsburg, CA

Taylor Covington

Jul 2, 2018

This is a very unique situation. The best thing to do is to send them your son's lease agreement, showing that he is no longer at your house. However if they continue to press the issue is to change his status to an excluded driver, meaning he won't drive the car on the policy but he is insured. If you're looking for ways to keep that premium low, check out our guide for car insurance for 20 year olds.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.
Related Questions