Ask An Agent


Get free insurance advice on demand



My son stole my car how does the insurance work

Can I file a claim if my son stole my car? I was in my house and my son took the keys and took the car and went missing.

Agent Answer

Ava Lynch

If you have comprehensive coverage, you are able to file a claim. Unfortunately, your insurance company will require you file a police report because you are claiming the vehicle is stolen. Naturally, this would have an affect on your son. But if that’s something you’re okay with, go ahead and file a claim.

Was this helpful?

0 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More