Car Insurance Costs
Can I bundle my renters and new car insurance?
Compare auto insurance rates and save up to $670 per year!
Coverage & Claims
- You and your son will both need to fill out and sign the "Assignment of Title" section on the vehicle's title
- You and your son will both need to fill out and sign the 130-U form (which is the title and registration application) available to print on the state's website
- You and your son will both need to fill out and sign the "Gift Transfer" 14-317 form available to print on the state's website
- Your son will need to insure the vehicle on his own policy unless he is a member of your household. If he still lives with you then he and the vehicle can be added to your policy, or he can insure the vehicle on his own
- You and/or your son will need to submit those documents in person to your county tax office and pay the $10 gift tax
Ask an Agent
Get free insurance advice you can trust.Ask a Question