Coverage & Claims

I damaged a vehicle I was test driving with no insurance

The dealership should have insurance to cover incidents during test drives. They would file a claim for the vehicle damage.

Compare auto insurance rates and save up to $670 per year!

Location pin icon
Your information is secure.
Most Recent

Coverage & Claims
General Insurance

If I have comprehensive and collision insurance through my dealership, am I still legal?

Even though car insurance is required by the state and also by your lender, the state and your lender require two different types of coverage. Your lender wants you to have insurance to make sure the vehicle will be fixed or paid for if it is damaged or totaled while you're paying off the auto loan; this is called comprehensive and collision coverage.
Ask an Agent

Get free insurance advice you can trust.

Ask a Question