My car was bought in Mexico but the title is from Nevada. Can I bring it back to the U.S. and get it insured?

Thanks for the question. If the title is originally from Nevada you should have no issues getting insurance and registration in the U.S.

Compare auto insurance rates and save up to $670 per year!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmarkNo junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.
Most Recent


My car is garaged in Tijuana. What insurance company will insure me for California only?

I'm sorry but since your car is garaged in Mexico, you will not be able to get insurance in California. Your insurance has to be in the state where the vehicle is registered.

Coverage & Claims

My car was stolen and taken to Mexico. Can I just get a payout instead of getting the car back?

Hello, Sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately, I don't know if I can give much advice, as this is a claims-related question.


Can I get a short-term insurance policy for my car if I'm a US citizen living in Mexico but will be coming back to the US for a few weeks?

Most insurance policies run for 6-12 months and can be canceled at any time. Each company handles cancellations differently so I would recommend asking about their cancellation process before starting a policy to avoid any fees.
Ask an Agent

Get free insurance advice you can trust.

Ask a Question