Ask An Agent


Get free insurance advice on demand



My tree damaged a neighbor’s swing set?

The limb of a tree in my yard fell into my neighbor’s yard damaging their swing set. Who should contact their insurer — me or my neighbor?

Agent Answer

Ava Lynch

In most cases, it would be your insurance that pays for the damages. The reason being, the limb came from your tree and it’s your responsibility. Now, not every situation is the same. You need to contact your insurance company and have the adjuster determine who is responsible for the damages. Good luck and if you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Was this helpful?

0 1
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More