Ask An Agent


Get free insurance advice on demand



If two people are in an accident in a no fault state, who pays?

The other person was clearly at fault, but they are not going to file a claim. Will my insurance contact the driver for damages, or will my insurance cover it?

Agent Answer

In Florida, you are required to have what’s called personal injury protection (PIP). This coverage kicks in if you are injured in an accident. Your insurance company will pay up to your specified limit for your injuries. When it comes to property damage, however, the at-fault driver will be responsible for the damages and their insurance should cover the claim.

Have a look at the link below for more information about filing claims after an accident in Florida.

Please ask if you have any further questions. Good luck.

Was this helpful?

0 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More