Is there any type of temporary insurance that would cover me driving my mom's car for a week?

My mom is going out of town for a week and I have no other transportation. Is there any type of temporary insurance or something that can cover me while I am driving her car?

Aug 1, 2019 High Springs, FL

Kristine Lee

Aug 1, 2019

Insurance companies don't offer temporary car insurance since policy lengths are typically six months to a year. If you will only be driving the vehicle for one week out of the year and you do not live with your mother, her policy should cover you to drive under permissive use. If you will drive the car more frequently than just this one week and/or you live with your mother, you will need to be listed as a driver on her policy to be covered. For more information, see our guide covering car insurance for multiple drivers. Good luck and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmark No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.