US car insurance for non US residents

Can a non-US national get insurance on someone else's vehicle? I am visiting the US in April and would like to rent a car directly from the car owner. I am a British National and do not have US-based insurance. Could you help me with this? I would like to insure myself on his car

Nov 29, 2018 Orange County, CA

Ava Lynch

Nov 29, 2018

Since you are not the owner of the car and will be driving one specific car, you will not be able to get insurance on your own. You will need to be added to the owner of the car's policy as a driver while you will be "renting" the vehicle. Good luck and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Here is more information regarding car insurance for foreign drivers.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.