Ask An Agent


Get free insurance advice on demand



My vehicle was totaled by an uninsured driver

I have liability on my 11 year old vehicle it was totaled by an uninsured motorist. What do I do? Is my only option court?

Agent Answer

Ava Lynch

In the state of Maryland, one of the coverage typically included in your liability is uninsured motorist coverage, which would apply in this situation. Uninsured Motorist coverage is legally required in Maryland and pays for injury and lost wages that you or your passengers may suffer in the event that you are hit by an uninsured driver who is at fault. For Maryland, the minimum amount of coverage is $15,000. Other than this, your only other option is taking the driver to a small claims court.

Was this helpful?

0 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More