If I am in between vehicles and need an SR22, what should I do for insurance?

I am 19 and just got rid of my car. The insurance company I am with said that my policy will end at my renewal since I no longer have a car. What do I do if I still need insurance because of my SR22?

Feb 10, 2017 Topeka, KS

Neil Richardson

Feb 10, 2017

I would recommend getting a non-owners insurance policy with an SR22 added. This will provide state-required coverage to drive while you don't actually own a vehicle and don't have a need for a traditional auto policy. This will also allow you to build up your continuous insurance discount, making the rates available when you need to insure a vehicle again much more affordable. Your best bet would be to contact a local agent in your area for a quote since non-owners policies typically aren't available online.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmark No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.
Related Questions