What kind of insurance do I need for a short term rental property?

The technical description is a "granny suite" accessory building rented frequently for days at a time. The property is occupied by the owner at times of rentals but there is no shared space.

Jan 6, 2020 Los Angeles, CA

Ross Martin

Jan 6, 2020

Thanks for your question. It sounds like you would want a standard HO-3 homeowners policy that would allow for short term rentals. Be aware that not every company allows for such rentals. You'll want to be upfront about your rental activity to avoid a claim being denied. It might be easier to give our agency a call at 888-444-8949 to get set up with a policy that works for your needs. 

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmark No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.