What kind of insurance do you need if you'll be using your personal car for work?

My wife is looking into becoming a real estate agent and was told she needed insurance. What kind of insurance does she need if she would be using her personal car for now?

Feb 26, 2020 Redlands, CA

Kristine Lee

Feb 26, 2020

If she plans on using a vehicle for business-use and transport people to and from different locations, most personal auto plans will not accept the risk if they know the vehicle was used for work purposes and not disclosed. She'll need to look into a commercial policy or, if available, adjust her current personal auto policy. I recommend checking with your current insurance provider to get a sense of your options.

If she's working for an agency, they may already have commercial coverage in place. If not, she will need her own.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.