Who will the claims check be made out to after accident?

My car is in my name and the insurance is in my ex boyfriend's name. We lived to together when I wrecked my car but are separated now. Since we do not live together and the car is in my name and insurance in his. Can he keep the Insurance check and leave me out of the process?

Dec 10, 2018 Owasso, OK

Ava Lynch

Dec 10, 2018

Since the insurance is in his name the check will be made out to him unless you're listed as the additional interest on the policy. An additional interest means you have a financial stake in the car. Good luck and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.