Will my insurance policy cover me while I drive in a different state?

I live on the border and work in Texas. I know that insurance varies by state so will my Arkansas policy cover me while I'm driving in Texas or any other state?

Apr 1, 2016 Garland City, AR

Neil Richardson

Apr 1, 2016

Whether you work in a different state than where you reside or are leaving the state on vacation, your insurance policy will follow you. Each state requires differing amounts of coverage so your current policy will adjust if you happen to be driving in a state that requires more coverage than the state where your vehicle is insured. Rest easy knowing that your are still legal even if you drive your car in a different state than where you live.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
glyph-shield-checkmark No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.
Related Questions