TheZebra.com is a privately owned website that publishes unbiased rates and carrier information for consumer benefit. Learn More
Compare all car insurance companies at once.
Car Insurance Wiki
What we know about National General
National General, headquartered in the great city of Maryland Heights, MO, was founded in 1939. Its financial strength rating–aka its money-flexing muscle power to keep your assets safe–is Excellent.
On the other hand, its J.D. Power rating, which measures customer satisfaction around the handling of claims, is 2 out of 5. A higher J.D. Power Rating is a good indicator that a carrier will treat you well should something go wrong. Which is exactly what insurance is for, right? See more on J.D. Power ratings here.
National General Insurance Products
National General Auto Insurance Discounts & Features
- GM/GMAC Customer Discounts
- Paid-in-Full Discount
- Multi-Vehicle Discount
- GM Loyalty Discount
- Safe-Driver Discounts
- OnStar Subscriber Discount
- Low Mileage Discount
- GM Family First Discounts
- Affinity Discounts
- GM Supplier Discount
- Mobile Friendly
- Manage Your Policy Online
- File Claims Online
- 24x7 Support
- Roadside Assistance
- Guaranteed Repairs
- Guaranteed Claims Service Satisfaction
- Emergency Expense Allowance
About The Zebra
The Zebra is not an insurance company. We’re an independent agency on a mission to help you compare all of your insurance options apples-to-apples, so you can make a truly informed decision. We’re proud because:
- We’re the first to compare all the major car insurance companies side-by-side. The information provided on those insurers here is intended to help inform and educate consumers before they decide where to spend their hard-earned cash.
- We’re independent. We have no stake in which insurance company you choose; we simply want to offer you unbiased, fast, side-by-side comparisons of your car insurance options.