Elephant Insurance review: compare coverage options and see ratings for 2020
A relative newcomer to the insurance space, Elephant has nonetheless made quite an impact since its founding in 2009. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, it is a subsidiary of the Admiral Group, which is based in the UK. Elephant maintains a presence in a number of countries, offering an array of coverage options. Available in six states — Indiana, Illinois, Maryland, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia — it may be a competitive option for your next policy. However, Elephant receives so-so customer service ratings. Take a look at The Zebra's Elephant insurance review, including a detailed breakdown of coverage options, discounts, and customer complaints.
Elephant auto insurance coverage options
Elephant provides standard coverage options like liability, collision, comprehensive, and uninsured motorist coverage. See below some of the optional features that can be added to an Elephant insurance policy.
Elephant partners with technology company urgent.ly to provide fast, secure, and high-quality roadside assistance services for policyholders.
Elephant roadside assistance delivers:
- Battery jumping
- Emergency fuel delivery
- Flat-tire replacement
- Lock-out services
This is also known as a vanishing deductible. If your collision deductible is $500 or more, adding Elephant’s diminishing deductible option will lower that amount by $100 for each accident-free year, with a maximum total decrease of $500. It will remain unaffected if you get into an accident after your deductible was already lowered.
If you need a rental car while your own vehicle is out-of-commission while being repaired, Elephant offers a choice from various tiers of coverage limits to be allocated towards rental reimbursement.
Elephant offers custom equipment coverage if your car is modified with special parts. This is only applicable if you have comprehensive and collision coverage.
Applicable for contesting one minor traffic infraction per year and per driver, Elephant’s legal assistance will cover the cost of a consultation and representation by a lawyer. You can also get a 25% discount off attorney fees for pre-existing, non-auto-related legal matters like family law, documentation review, and will preparation.
Elephant insurance discounts and reward programs
Elephant gives you the chance to save money on car insurance in a few different ways. Many of the traditional discounts offered by many of the big insurance providers can also be found here. Check out the following Elephant car insurance discounts.
Discounts based on your policy
- Bundling: Get a multi-policy discount by bundling your auto with homeowners, renters, or motorcycle insurance.
- Online quote: Get your quote online on Elephant’s website to get an immediate 12% off your rate.
- Pay-in-full: Pay your annual premium in one lump sum to save some money — and you’re good for the year!
- Go paperless: Elephant customers who opt-out of paper bills get up to 3% off per insured vehicle.
- E-signature: Enroll in your policy with your electronic signature to qualify for a small discount.
Discounts based on the driver or vehicle
- Multi-car: Insure more than one vehicle on your policy to get up to 20% off your premium.
- Good driver: Elephant rewards responsible drivers with up to 10% off if you have a good driving record and have been accident-free for five years.
- Good student: If you’re a full-time student between ages 16 and 25 with at least a “B” average, you’re eligible for a good student discount.
Additional lines of insurance
Elephant offers a variety of other insurance options, many of which you can bundle with your auto policy:
- Homeowners insurance
- Condo insurance
- Renters insurance
- Motorcycle insurance
- Umbrella insurance
- Life insurance
Is Elephant Insurance right for you?
The coverage options and discounts available through Elephant Insurance make it a competitive option when compared to some of the larger and more well-known car insurance companies on the market. However, if customer service is something that you value, consider expanding your search via The Zebra or an insurance agent.
The Zebra is here to help. Enter your ZIP code below to get insurance quotes from dozens of companies so that you can find the best coverage at the best rates.