At The Zebra, we know better than most just what a pain buying car insurance can be. We also know that students suffer from higher-than-average policy rates. Talk about a double-whammy. That’s why, this year, we’ve decided to continue The Zebra’s annual scholarship with the goal of helping to alleviate the financial pressures of college-bound students, while also getting an insider view of your state.
So students, we want to see your favorite road trip destination(s) in your state— from your unique perspective. If it makes sense to hit the open road and be our virtual tour guide, that’s great! But there are no limits to what we’re looking for: a narrated animation, a slideshow of memorabilia, an illustrated map of the best roadside attractions on the way. This is a chance for you to showcase any place you love in as an original way as possible.
The length of the road trip to your feature destination is inconsequential. So if you have an awesome spot in mind that’s just two miles from home, we want to see it.
Applicants must be currently enrolled at or planning to attend a four-year university, graduate program, community college, or trade school located in the continental United States. Upon notification, winner(s) must supply a current proof of enrollment or letter of acceptance.
How to Apply:
- Entrants should create an original video not exceeding two minutes. Each video submission must be hosted on YouTube or Vimeo, and should be submitted by email to email@example.com.
- With your submission, please include your name, address, and phone number.
- Here’s a sample video of what we’re looking for:
- Selected winner(s) will be awarded a check for $1,000.
- Applications must be received no later than 11:59pm CST on December 31st, 2018.
- Winner(s) will be selected and notified by e-mail by January 31st, 2019.
- Submissions will be judged by The Zebra and the winner will be selected based on creativity in the content and presentation.
- Upon notification, winner(s) must also supply a current proof of enrollment at a four-year university, graduate program, community college, or trade school located in the continental United States.
- By participating, entrants represent that the video submitted is their sole and original work and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any other party. In other words, no copyrighted music or images may be used.
- Employees of The Zebra and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in the contest.
- Written credits for any technical or talent positions (e.g., editor, director, actors) should be included with your submission, along with any sources used to create the video.
- Car Insurance for College Students
- Car Insurance for Recent Graduates
- Car Insurance for Roommates
- 10 Most Car-Friendly Colleges in the U.S.
- Best U.S. Student Discounts
- Career to Success: Professional Auto Claims Adjuster Interview
Congrats to the winners of our previous year scholarships! You all have such incredible talent and we wish you the best of luck in your future academic goals.