The Zebra is the leading car insurance comparison marketplace in the U.S. We’ve achieved our successes because everyone on our team brings their individual skills, experiences, and personalities to the table. Everyone’s different – and that’s a great thing! From the Z Team in our wonderful city of Austin, Texas to the rest of the great wide United States, we embrace all cultures and creeds, and actively celebrate our differences. How do you celebrate the vibrant uniqueness around you?
Send us a video or a three-photo album of you and your best friend, your grandma, your neighbor — it’s totally up to you — and tell us what different things you like about each other, what you’ve learned from your relationship, or what message you have about inclusiveness to share with the world. However you choose to say it, one thing is important to remember: we’re here to applaud our uniquenesses. We hope you’ll join us!
Applicants must be currently enrolled at or planning to attend a four-year university, graduate program, community college, or trade school located in the continental United States. Upon notification, the winner must supply a current proof of enrollment or letter of acceptance.
How to Apply for the 2018 Scholarship
- Entrants have the option to create an original video not exceeding two minutes. Each video submission must be hosted on YouTube or Vimeo, and should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you prefer not to submit a video, entrants have the option to instead create a three-(3) photo album. Each album submission must be posted on Instagram or Facebook and must tag The Zebra (@TheZebraCo) with your post. Please also send the same three images to email@example.com with the same description as you’ve posted on social media.
- With your submission, please include your name, address, and phone number.
- The selected winner will be awarded a check for $1,000.
- Applications must be received no later than 11:59pm CST on May 31, 2018.
- The winner will be selected and notified by email by June 15, 2018.
- Submissions will be judged by The Zebra and the winner will be selected based on creativity in the content and presentation.
- Upon notification, winner must also supply a current proof of enrollment at a four-year university, graduate program, community college, or trade school located in the continental United States.
- By participating, entrants represent that the video or photo album submitted is their sole and original work and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any other party. In other words, no copyrighted music or images may be used.
- Employees of The Zebra and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in the contest.
- Written credits for any technical or talent positions (e.g., editor, director, actors) should be included with your submission, along with any sources used to create the video or photo album.
Congrats to the winners of the 2016 and 2017 Safe Driver Scholarships! You all have such incredible talent and we wish you the best of luck in your future academic goals.