The Zebra is excited to host our 3rd annual Summer Internship Program! We’re now accepting internship applications to virtually join our software engineering department (frontend/backend/full-stack developers, SRE, DevOps, QA) and our data department (analytics engineers, data analysts) for the term. In previous years, interns came to us by way of colleges and universities, but in the practice of our "All Stripes Welcome" motto, we encourage both traditional and non-conventional backgrounds to apply.
At The Zebra, our interns contribute to the real work that helps create and improve our product and services. For this reason, all internships at The Zebra are paid positions.
Both our engineering and data departments play a vital role in taking projects from spec to concept and building them with high-quality, creative, simple, and elegant solutions. Interns will receive a mentor to partner closely with them throughout the summer, and will get to present their summer project in a department-wide demo. Make connections and experience what it’s like to learn at a Best Place to Work!
Herd enough? Apply now!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work closely with other engineers, analysts, designers, and leadership to rapidly build, iterate, test, and deploy new features and products and maintain a high-quality robust codebase
- Sit on a cross-functional squad and learn within an agile environment
- Improve and scale our existing products and tools
- Our engineering/data teams are split between the US and Lagos, Nigeria, so you’ll get to work with a diverse crew of people.
- Summer months (end of May - beginning of August - we’re flexible based on your calendar)
- Time Commitment - 5 days a week (up to 40 hours)
- This will be a paid internship ($25/hr)
QUALITIES WE LOOK FOR:
- Motivated, driven, desires ownership, eager to learn, adaptable, agile, and a team player (low ego, high collaboration)
- Our motto is “All Stripes Welcome,” and this rings true for our interns! We’re looking for interns of all different thoughts, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives!
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- All interns must be physically located in one of the following states during the internship: TX, CO, CT, IL, MO, NC, NY, OR, PA, WA, WI, MI.
- For data analysts/engineers: Knowledge of/familiarity with SQL
- A passion for problem-solving with strong analytical capabilities
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL IMPRESS THE HECK OUT OF US:
- A desire to follow exceptional software engineering and data processes (including test-driven development)
- Experience with relational and/or NoSQL databases
- A Github profile or public code portfolio
WHAT ELSE TO EXPECT:
- Intern Meet and Greet Trivia with our engineering and data departments
- Close mentorship with a fellow team member
- Peer and manager performance feedback review
- Resume and Interview 101 Workshop with recruitment team (including any additional hands-on help/advice)
- Access to our modern, high-end offices on East 6th Street in Austin
- Attendance to company-sponsored activities and events during your term, including
- Monthly All Hands meetings
- Ask Me Anything with leadership
- Employee Resource Group events
- Department outings
- Team-building activities
THE INTERVIEW PROCESS:
- You’ll need your resume + Why The Zebra!? (our version of a cover letter)
- Process: 45-minute zoom interview with a hiring manager
- Offers will be made in April
- By the end of May, your life as an intern begins!
So, are you ready to join our herd? Apply now!