Car Insurance in Springfield
It is especially critical to cut costs while insuring a vehicle in Springfield because premiums in the area are known for being pricey. They are generally 44% greater than the state average. Going over some ways to save on Springfield car insurance can save you money.
- City Average: $1,729
- State Average: $1,201
- National Average: $1,427
Springfield Car Insurance by Accident or Violation History
Knowing which driving mishaps can bloat your premiums will help you make better decisions and save money. Typically, a DUI in Springfield will cost you 98% more in car insurance premiums versus the city average ($1,729). Reckless driving will push your premiums up as well, with average rates of $3,390, which are 96% higher than the city average! Being at-fault in an accident with damages exceeding $2,000 costs you another 5% per year in premiums compared to an accident with damages less than $1,000.
- DUI: $3,430
- Reckless Driving: $3,390
- At-fault Accident (damages less than $1000): $2,818
- At-fault Accident (damages greater than $2000): $2,945
- Speeding Ticket (16-20 mph over speed limit): $2,156
Shop policies today!
Springfield Car Insurance by Age
Car insurance premiums are highest for teenage drivers, with rates that average $5,299 per year. Among all age groups, drivers in their 70s have the lowest car insurance premiums, with rates of $1,378/year. Those in their 60s ($1,414) aren’t paying much more. The greatest reduction in premiums between any age group is from the teenage age range to the 20s, as drivers in Springfield start saving $3,146 every year. The downward movement continues, as insurance rates in Springfield decrease the older a driver gets.
- Teenagers: $5,299
- 20s: $2,154
- 30s: $1,665
- 40s: $1,606
- 50s: $1,546
- 60s: $1,414
- 70s: $1,378
* Credit score is considered discriminatory in Massachusetts and is therefore not used as a rating factor when determining how much you'll pay for auto insurance each year.
* In Springfield, neither marital status nor gender impact car insurance premiums.