Aspire Insurance Review 2021
Based in Rancho Cucamonga, California, and serving primarily drivers in the Golden State, Aspire General is a non-standard car insurance company for those who may have trouble finding insurance elsewhere. Like many non-standard insurers, the company advertises low down payments and flexible payment plans and depends on a network of insurance agents to sell policies locally.
Continue reading for our review of this regional auto insurance company and to learn more about what it has to offer.
Aspire General car insurance coverage options
Aspire General offers two tiers of auto insurance coverage — Savings and Advantage. Both include the standard suite of auto insurance coverages: liability, collision, comprehensive, and the option to add or waive uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Both also include the options of a collision deductible waiver if you’re in an accident caused by an uninsured motorist, a permissive use endorsement, and if required, SR-22 submission to the DMV.
Outlined below are some notable features and additional coverage options offered by Aspire General’s Savings and Advantage policies.
Aspire General Savings
- There is no option to increase the bodily injury portion of your liability beyond the state-mandated minimum ($15,000 per person/$30,000 per accident), property damage liability can be increased to $10,000 from the minimum of $5,000, and medical payments coverage is not included.
- Triple deductible discount: Your deductible is tripled during the first 60 days of your policy’s inception or reinstatement. For instance, if you have a $500 deductible and you need to file a claim during this 60-day window, your deductible would be $1,500.
- Stereos and sound systems: Permanent, manufacturer-installed sound systems in your vehicle are covered by comprehensive and collision — with a $500 limit — at no extra cost.
- Named non-owner coverage endorsement: Reserved for those who don’t own a vehicle, this provides liability protection for times you need to drive. Learn more about non-owners car insurance here.
- Utility trailers: This provides liability coverage for utility trailers less than 1,500 pounds when attached to an insured car. Physical damage to the trailer is not covered.
Aspire General Advantage
- Liability coverage limits can be increased up to 100/300/50.
- Medical payments coverage is only available through Aspire Advantage, with a limit of $1,000 or $2,000.
- Rental reimbursement: If you need a rental car while your own vehicle is getting repaired following a covered car accident, Aspire General will cover either $20 or $30 a day for up to 20 or 30 days. The specific limit depends on your insurance policy.
- Towing and labor: This coverage will reimburse the policyholder $50 per disablement of the insured vehicle, up to a $200 annual maximum.
- Roadside service: For an extra $4 per month, you can enroll in roadside assistance.
Aspire General auto insurance discounts and reward programs
There are a couple of discounts to look into if you want to save some money on your premium. Compared to larger insurers, Aspire offers fewer discounts on car insurance.
- Good driver: If you’ve had a clean driving record for the past three years, you may be rewarded with a lower rate.
- Multi-car and multi-driver: Insure more than one vehicle on your policy to see some savings. This discount may also apply for single-car policies if you insure additional family members living in the same household.
- Mature driver/defensive driving: Drivers who are over the age of 55 and complete a state-approved driver safety course can qualify for this discount upon providing proof of course completion. The discount is applied for three years from the course completion date.
- Alcohol awareness education: You may be eligible for this discount if you complete a state-approved alcohol awareness program, as long as you don’t have more than one alcohol- or drug-related violation on your record.
Additional lines of insurance from Aspire
Aspire General’s sole insurance product at this time is car insurance.
Is Aspire General Insurance right for you?
California drivers with questionable driving histories — with past infractions, insurance lapses, egregious violations, or at-fault accidents — may find Aspire General to be a good option. However, if you choose Aspire for car insurance, it’s important to understand the limitations of both your coverage and the company itself.
For example, Aspire Savings does not automatically include medical payments coverage or rental reimbursement; both of these coverages are often included in policies offered by larger insurers. Aspire General also received considerably more customer complaints as logged by the NAIC. These factors are things to keep in mind when you’re shopping for car insurance.
The Zebra can help you do just that and find the best price for your next policy. Compare insurance quotes from Aspire and other insurance companies by entering your ZIP code below.