Why you can trust The Zebra
A guide to buying home insurance
Shopping for homeowners insurance can be daunting, but we're here to change that. Check out these guides from The Zebra's insurance experts as we demystify everything to do with home insurance.
- How much homeowners insurance do I need?
- How to prepare for a home insurance inspection
- Is homeowners insurance tax-deductible?
- What is actual cash value vs. replacement cost value?
- Mortgage insurance vs. homeowners insurance
- What is an attractive nuisance?
- When to file a homeowners insurance claim
- Lender requirements for homeowners insurance
- How is coronavirus impacting the home insurance market?
- First-time homebuyers guide to insurance
- How to buy home insurance in five easy steps
- Remodeling and homeowners insurance
- Homeowners insurance for senior citizens
- Homeowners insurance discounts for military personnel
- Home insurance after cancellation or non-renewal
- Security systems and homeowners insurance
- How to calculate your home's replacement cost
- How to change homeowners insurance in escrow
Ready to compare homeowners insurance rates? Enter your ZIP code below to begin.
Compare homeowners insurance policies.
- Mortgage Insurance vs. Homeowners Insurance
- Lender Requirements for Homeowners Insurance
- How to Calculate Home Replacement Cost
- When to File a Home Insurance Claim
- Security Systems and Homeowners Insurance Discounts: What You Need to Know
- How Much Homeowners Insurance Do I Need?
- Remodeling and Homeowners Insurance
- Home Insurance for Elderly Homeowners
- Actual Cash Value vs. Replacement Cost
- Homeowners Insurance for Veterans and Active-Duty Military
About The Zebra
The Zebra is not an insurance company. We publish data-backed, expert-reviewed resources to help consumers make more informed insurance decisions.
- The Zebra’s insurance content is written and reviewed for accuracy by licensed insurance agents.
- The Zebra’s insurance editorial content is not subject to review or alteration by insurance companies or partners.
- The Zebra’s editorial team operates independently of the company’s partnerships and commercialization interests, publishing unbiased information for consumer benefit.
- The auto insurance rates published on The Zebra’s pages are based on a comprehensive analysis of car insurance pricing data, evaluating more than 83 million insurance rates from across the United States.