Why you can trust The Zebra
Auto insurance in Rockford, Illinois
At $1,174, Rockford's average annual insurance premiums are $54 more than the Illinois-wide average, but nearly $400 less than the national average.
Learn more about typical insurance costs for drivers in Rockford Going over some ways to save on Rockford car insurance can save you some hard-earned money.
Rockford Car Insurance by Gender and Marital Status
Both gender and marital status can influence your car insurance premiums in Rockford. However, premiums for women are usually only a bit cheaper than for men. People who are married save roughly $80 per year on car insurance compared to those who are single. Rates for those who are widowed are a hair cheaper than rates for those who are single.
- Female: $1,170
- Male: $1,174
- Single: $1,174
- Married: $1,090
- Divorced: $1,174
- Widowed: $1,173
Rockford car insurance by age
At $1,012, drivers in their 50s have the lowest car insurance rates among any age group. The greatest decline in premiums for Rockford drivers happens when they reach their 20s. Once out of the teenage age bracket, people save an average of $2,998. Turning 60 leads to a rise in insurance rates. Up until that age drivers can anticipate premium reductions when they move from one age tier to the next.
Car insurance premiums are highest for teenage drivers, with average rates of $4,652 per year.
- Teenagers: $4,652
- 20s: $1,654
- 30s: $1,153
- 40s: $1,122
- 50s: $1,012
- 60s: $1,075
- 70s: $1,307
Rockford car insurance by accident or violation history
By knowing which driving mishaps can make your premiums spike, you can make better decisions and save money. Reckless driving will increase your car insurance premiums more than other driving violations. On average, a DUI in Rockford will cost you 117% more in car insurance premiums versus the city average of $1,174. Reckless driving will drive your premiums up as well, with typical rates of $2,702! Being at-fault in an accident can cost drivers an additional $606 per year to insure your vehicle in Rockford.
- DUI: $2,551
- Reckless Driving: $2,702
- At-fault Accident (damages less than $1,000): $1,780
- At-fault Accident (damages greater than $2,000): $1,780
- Speeding Ticket (16-20 mph over speed limit): $1,416
Rockford car insurance by credit rating
Improving your credit can save you a good sum of money. Those in the bottom credit tier (300-579) pay an average of 2.3x more for car insurance than those in the top credit tier (800-850). The largest benefit of better credit occurs when upgrading from Very Poor (300-579) to Fair (580-669), by which drivers can save nearly $399 per year.
- Very Poor: $2,351
- Fair: $1,919
- Good: $1,520
- Very Good: $1,237
- Exceptional: $1,040
Compare auto insurance premiums head-to-head today.
About The Zebra
The Zebra is not an insurance company. We publish data-backed, expert-reviewed resources to help consumers make more informed insurance decisions.
- The Zebra’s insurance content is written and reviewed for accuracy by licensed insurance agents.
- The Zebra’s insurance content is not subject to review or alteration by insurance companies or partners.
- The Zebra’s editorial team operates independently of the company’s partnerships and commercialization interests, publishing unbiased information for consumer benefit.
- The auto insurance rates published on The Zebra’s pages are based on a comprehensive analysis of car insurance pricing data, evaluating more than 83 million insurance rates from across the United States.