Cincinnati Insurance Company Review 2020
Headquartered in Fairfield, Ohio, Cincinnati Insurance Company — also known as Cincinnati Financial — offers a number of commercial insurance, life insurance, and personal lines insurance options. Most of the company's offerings are geared toward higher-net worth individuals. As such, Cincinnati provides a number of home and auto insurance options not offered by standard insurance companies.
Read on to read our review of Cincinnati Insurance Company’s personal lines insurance options.
Cincinnati Insurance Company auto insurance options
Cincinnati Insurance Company offers a few different tiers of car insurance coverage. Each provides the standard coverages offered by other major insurance providers along with the option of adding enhancements.
Cincinnati Insurance's Auto Plus endorsement adds a number of perks to its standard car insurance offering. While some benefits are not available in every state, policyholders can expect the following:
- Airbag replacement: This no-deductible coverage pays to replace accidentally deployed airbags.
- Safety restraint benefit: Doubles coverage amount of medical payments if you are wearing a seat belt.
- Transportation expenses: Covers temporary transportation expenses if you are unable to use your vehicle.
- Roadside assistance: Covers a variety of expenses in the event of a breakdown.
- Deductible waiver: Your deductible is waived in the event of a total loss.
- Supplementary payments: Pays between $500 and $5,000 after a covered loss causes the death of you or your spouse.
- Trip interruption: Covers hotel and meal expenses when you are away from home and your automobile is rendered unusable.
- Lock replacement: If your keys are lost or stolen, this coverage pays for new locks for your vehicle.
- Child safety seat replacement: This pays to replace a safety seat after a covered loss.
- Glass deductible waiver: With this option, you pay no deductible to replace your glass.
Capstone auto coverage
Capstone coverage is Cincinnati Insurance Company’s premium car insurance offering. For customers seeking a more customized car insurance policy — especially those insuring high-value vehicles — this could be a worthwhile option. While coverage options can vary by state, Capstone policyholders can expect the following perks:
- Agreed value: You can receive the full agreed value of your vehicle if you suffer a total loss.
- New car replacement: If your new auto is totaled or stolen, it’s replaced with a vehicle in the most recent model year.
- Original equipment manufacturer parts: Instead of paying for sub-par auto parts, you can use OEM parts to repair your vehicle. These will be completely covered by your auto policy.
- Transportation expense: While your car is being repaired after a covered loss, you receive a rental with no daily expense limit. Your policy also provides coverage while driving your rental replacement vehicle (the state of Virginia is excluded).
- No deductible: There is no deductible for injuries to a pet, the replacement of airbags, child safety restraint seats, locks, and glass repair or replacement.
- Roadside assistance: You can be reimbursed for emergency towing, repair, and labor expenses if you have car trouble.
- Trip interruption expenses: If you experience car trouble more than 50 miles from your home, this policy will cover your meals and lodging.
- Worldwide liability: Your coverage extends all over the world (except in areas under US economic or travel restrictions).
- Cash settlement option: If physical damage to your vehicle will cost more than 50 percent of the agreed value of your vehicle, you can accept a cash settlement in place of repairs.
Additional auto coverages through Cincinnati
In addition to the coverage tiers above, Cincinnati Insurance Company offers a variety of coverage options that can be added to your policy, including the following:
Gap coverage is a coverage option that pays the difference between your vehicle’s value and your loan in the event that it is totaled.
Antique or collector cars
Unlike many other standard insurance carriers, Cincinnati Insurance Company extends coverage to classic or antique automobiles.
Replacement cost plus
Cincinnati Insurance Company offers this optional coverage for brand new cars with under 1,000 miles. Essentially, if your new car is totaled, you will either get a brand new car or the complete balance of your loan without depreciation factored in.
Cincinnati auto insurance discounts
Cincinnati Insurance Company offers the following auto insurance discounts:
- Safe driver:Keeping a clean driving record can save you on your premiums.
- Bundling: Insure both your home and auto to save money.
- Higher deductible: Choose a $500 or higher deductible for your collision and comprehensive coverages to save on your monthly premiums.
- Good grades: drivers who earn a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or maintain a B average for the most recent term) can receive a cheaper rate.
- Multiple vehicles: You can save money by putting multiple vehicles on the same auto policy.
Cincinnati Insurance Company home insurance options
Cincinnati Insurance Company’s homeowners insurance options are geared mostly toward those with unique or high-value homes. There are three levels of coverage to choose from, with all providing standard coverages for your dwelling, personal property, other structures, loss of use, and personal liability.
This level of coverage is for houses of any value. It covers all of the basics listed above, with the option to expand your coverage through a number of endorsements. For example, you have the option to add the Executive Homeowner Plus endorsement to your plan, which increases limits on a number of coverages, including the replacement of your primary dwelling, plants and trees, and even the contents of your freezer.
Designed for homes worth $500,000 or more, this homeowners insurance policy expands upon the coverage provided in the Executive Homeowner policy to include the following coverages:
- Water damage: Losses caused by water backed up through sewers or drains are covered under this policy.
- Full cost repair or replacement of personal property: Your home’s contents are covered up to the policy limits without any deductions for depreciation
- Identity theft: This coverage covers expenses incurred while recovering from an instance of identity theft.
This level of coverage offers policyholders a number of unique features not offered by many other insurance providers. In addition to the coverages provided above, the Executive Capstone insurance policy is customized for homes worth $1 million or more. The company claims that this policy will cover the full cost of replacing your home in most cases. The following are added benefits:
- Wildfire protection service: This service provides wildfire mitigation services for policyholders in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, Texas, Utah, and Washington.
- Kidnap and ransom coverage: This covers expenses that arise from the kidnapping of a covered family member.
Optional homeowners insurance coverages
On top of the options available in the coverage tiers above, Cincinnati Insurance gives policyholders a number of endorsements to choose from. Keep in mind some options are not available in all states.
Subject to a separate deductible, earthquake coverage covers your home in the event an earthquake occurs in your area.
Cincinnati Insurance Company has coverage dedicated to helping you prevent or counteract instances of identity fraud.
This coverage provides an alternative to the NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program). It also covers debris removal and any extra costs associated with rebuilding your house.
Excess flood endorsement
This coverage bumps up the limits of your flood solutions limits.
Employment practices liability
If you have employees that work in your home, this endorsement covers your defense costs and judgments against accusations like wrongful termination or discrimination.
Cincinnati Insurance Company homeowners discounts
While Cincinnati Finacial does not exactly offer discounts, the company does offer tips on how to save money on your monthly home insurance premium, which you can read below:
- Bundle your home and auto insurance policies
- Own a newer home
- Opt for a higher deductible
- Install a monitored home alarm system
- Avoid rate increases by keeping a clean claims history
Additional insurance options
Cincinnati Insurance Company has a wide variety of insurance products from which to choose. The company has a major presence in the business insurance industry and offers the following insurance coverage options:
- Life insurance
- Renters insurance
- Condo insurance
- Motorcycle coverage
- Golf cart coverage
- Umbrella coverage
- Personal articles (collections)
Is Cincinnati Insurance Company right for you?
Policies available from the Cincinnati Insurance Company are not necessarily for everyone. However, Cincinnati Insurance could be a great company for those with significant assets. The insurance company offers a number of personalized touches that could be attractive to many. Plus, the company's policies are sold through a network of local insurance agents, meaning policyholders can expect a more personalized experience. However, the sheer number of policy options could be overwhelming to some.
Even those with higher net worths will want to find the best insurance coverage at the best premium. When looking for an insurance policy, it pays to compare rates and read customer reviews to get a feel for customer satisfaction in the claims process. Furthermore, it's wise to get as many insurance quotes as possible to get a sense of who offers the best coverage at the most affordable rates. Enter your ZIP below to get started.