Cincinnati Insurance Company homeowners coverage options
As is the case with Cincinnati's auto insurance, the company has a few tiers of coverage for homeowners insurance, which are primarily designed for homeowners with high-value properties or unique needs. Listed below are details on what comprises each level of coverage.
Executive Homeowner Policy®
This is the most basic tier that covers homes of any value. It includes all of the standard coverages found in all home insurance policies:
- Dwelling: Covers the primary structure of your home.
- Other structures: Covers any detached structures (like a garage, fence or shed).
- Personal property: Covers your personal belongings and items stored in your residence.
- Additional living expenses: Covers expenses for temporary housing if your home becomes uninhabitable after a covered loss.
- Personal liability: Covers you and your family's liability if you're sued for causing bodily injury or property damage.
Executive Homeowner Plus Endorsement
This is a bundle of endorsements that will increase your coverage. It includes:
- Replacement cost on your personal property
- Repairs or replacement of damaged trees, shrubs and plants
- Debris removal of trees, shrubs and plants due to the weight of ice, snow, sleet or from a windstorm or hailstorm
- Ordinance or law coverage to rebuild, repair or demolish your dwelling within the coverage limit
- Credit card protection against theft or unauthorized use, with an increased limit of $5,000
- Coverage for the theft or loss of unscheduled jewelry, watches, furs and precious and semiprecious stones, with an increased limit of $2,500
- Freezer contents following a power failure or mechanical breakdown, with a coverage limit of $500 and no deductible
- Deductible waiver for a covered loss exceeding $50,000, unless the claim is related to wind, earthquake or landslide
Executive Classic™ Policy
If your home is worth over $500,000, Cincinnati's Executive Classic™ offers enhanced coverage that builds upon the protection provided by the Executive Homeowners Policy®:
- Guaranteed replacement cost: If your home is damaged or destroyed, this coverage ensures it covers the full cost including any special features.
- Replacement cost for home contents: Cincinnati will pay to repair or replace your personal property up to the coverage limit.
- Sewer backup coverage: Covers losses caused by backed-up water in sewers or drains.
- Identity theft coverage: Covers expenses related to identity theft-related losses.
Executive Classic™ — optional coverages
You can further tailor your coverage by adding these additional endorsements to an Executive Classic™ Policy:
- Capstone Auto endorsement: Guarantees agreed value after the total loss of your vehicle, covers the use of OEM parts, rental car with no expense limit and new car replacement.
- Capstone Personal Articles coverage: Get appraisal value for fine art, guns, jewelry and other collections.
- Employment practices liability coverage: Expands liability coverage and covers up to five employees who work in your residence.
- Preferred Primary Flood: An alternative to flood insurance through the NFIP, includes additional benefits like coverage for debris removal, preventative measures and extra costs to rebuild.
- Excess flood endorsement: Provides even higher limits than Preferred Primary Flood and the NFIP.
Executive Capstone™ Policy
Meant for homes worth over $1 million, the Executive Capstone™ Policy is Cincinnati's premium option for homeowners insurance. Along with covering the full replacement cost to rebuild your home, it includes the following coverages:
- Water damage as a result of sewer backups, hydrostatic water pressure or seepage
- Golf cart-related losses
- Wildfire mitigation through its Wildfire Protection Service (only available in AZ, CA, CO, ID, MT, ND, OR, TX, UT and WA)
- Kidnap and ransom expenses for you or a covered family member
Executive Capstone™ — optional coverages
This policy gives some additional flexibility, allowing homeowners to opt into some additional protections. Availability of certain coverages may vary by state:
- Capstone Family Shield: Cincinnati provides assistance with recovery and security if you or your family ever become victims of air or road rage, hijacking, carjacking, child abduction, home invasion or stalking.
- Capstone Green Upgrades: Covers rebuilding with environmentally-friendly materials after a covered event.
- Assisted living care: Extends your personal property coverage to family members living in assisted living or long-term care facilities.
- Preferred primary flood: Offers flood coverage with limits that go beyond a National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) policy.
- Service lines: Protects against losses due to the failure of utility lines.
- Equipment breakdown: Covers the cost of diagnosing and repairing mechanical or electrical equipment.
- Large loss deductible: Pay only one deductible as opposed to multiple if you suffer a large loss to your home, auto and any scheduled personal property from a single occurrence.
- Loss prevention device: Get limited coverage for the installation of a loss prevention device after a covered claim.
- Cyber protection: Coverage for professional assistance if you're ever the victim of cyber extortion.
- Emergency event cancellation: Cincinnati offers limited coverage if you need to cancel or change a planned special event that was scheduled to be hosted at your residence.
Additional optional insurance coverages from Cincinnati Financial
Cincinnati Insurance Company has a few optional enhancements and endorsements that can be added to a policy:
Enhanced replacement cost
If you don't already have enhanced replacement cost coverage built into your policy (like the Executive Classic™) it can be added to your Cincinnati home insurance. If the cost of damage exceeds your coverage limit, this endorsement pays up to 25% above the specified limit for your dwelling.
Earthquake insurance is available for qualifying policyholders of any of Cincinnati's three tiers of coverage — Executive Homeowner, Executive Classic and Executive Capstone.
Limited water damage coverage
This increases coverage for water damage caused by sewer or drain backup, a sump pump or seepage from below the ground surface. It covers up to a maximum of $100,000 per occurrence.
Identity theft coverage
A professional advocate can help you correct credit reports and complete paperwork if you're ever the victim of identity theft. Cincinnati will expense up to $25,000 for things like lost wages, loan application fees and legal assistance. This coverage may already be included in the Executive Classic and Executive Capstone policies, but can be purchased as an add-on if your Cincinnati policy does not include identity theft protection.
Cincinnati Insurance Company discounts on home insurance
Cincinnati's variety of homeowners insurance discounts matches that of its auto insurance discounts — there are only five, much fewer than what can be offered by larger national insurance companies. The discounts available tend to be commonly found at other insurers.
Discounts based on the homeowner or property
- New home: Homeowners who reside in a newer home can qualify for some savings.
- Security system: Receive this discount by installing a home alarm monitored by a central station.
- Claim-free: You can be eligible for this discount if you have a clean record of few or no claims.
Discounts based on the policy
- Bundling/multi-policy: Get a bundling discount for insuring both home and auto with Cincinnati.
- Higher deductible: Increase your home insurance deductible to get this discount.