Pekin Insurance Review
- With 2.5/5 stars in 2023, Pekin is an average insurance company.
- Read Pekin reviews, complaints and prices before you buy.
Pekin insurance: Ratings and reviews
Pekin Insurance is an Illinois-based insurer providing a variety of coverage options for customers throughout the Midwest. In this review, we'll delve into the strengths and areas for improvement for Pekin, with a focus on customer service, coverage offerings, and discounts.
Comprehensive range of auto insurance coverage options
Variety of discounts available
Strong customer service reputation in the regions they serve
Financially stable with a long-standing presence in the insurance industry
Geographically limited; coverage not available in all states
Some customers report longer-than-average claims processing times
The Zebra Customer Satisfaction Survey
In addition to third-party ratings, we like to incorporate the results from our own consumer survey where we ranked which auto insurance companies are the best based on feedback from real customers. However, we did not collect a sufficient amount of data on Pekin for it to be included.
How much does Pekin insurance cost?
The national average for a 6 month car insurance policy is currently $880, whereas Pekin is about $403 or roughly 54% cheaper than which makes it one of the cheapest auto insurance options available. Of course, this can vary from driver to driver, and rating factors include things like your driving record, location, and vehicle type. It's recommended to gather personalized quotes for the most accurate pricing, but Pekin may be a viable option.
The table below shows how Pekin car insurance rates compare against other top insurers.
Like most other insurance companies, pricing for Pekin's auto insurance does vary based on your age and generally will get cheaper the older you get.
The table below shows Pekin's car insurance premiums for different age brackets.
|Age Group||Avg. Monthly Premium|
Dynamic auto insurance data methodology
Methodology: The auto insurance rates displayed above and throughout this page are dynamic, meaning the data will refresh when the most recent information is made available. Rates are based on a sample driver profile — a 30-year-old single male driver with a Honda Accord and full coverage. This profile was adjusted based on common pricing factors used by major car insurance companies, like age, coverage level, driving record and others.
Pekin provides an array of auto insurance discounts, although availability may be contingent upon individual qualifications and regional factors. Here are some potential discounts:
- Multi-car: Customers insuring multiple vehicles with Pekin may be eligible for discounts.
- Paid-in-Full: Pay the premium for your whole policy period up-front to save on the overall cost.
- Good student: Full-time students with good grades could qualify for a discount.
Take a look at all of Pekin's discount programs here.
Search, compare and buy all on one site. Start saving today!
What types of coverage does Pekin offer?
Pekin offers a wide range of coverage options including liability, collision, comprehensive, uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage, and personal injury protection. They also offer additional coverages such as:
- Roadside rescue - This pays the towing charges when your vehicle breaks down and includes 24/7 roadside assistance for flat tires, lock-outs, and more.
- Auto guard endorsement - For an additional $20 per vehicle, you can add coverage for additional car rental, keep replacement, personal effects, trip interruption, or tire protection.
- Replacement cost coverage on new vehicles - Covers your new car at full replacement value if it's declared a total loss.
See more about Pekin's coverage options here.
Where is Pekin available?
Although not all of its products are offered in all states, Pekin does write policies in quite a few locations. If you're curious about Pekin Insurance as an option for your next auto insurance carrier, peruse this list to see if personal lines are available in your state:
Click here to see which types of policies are offered in specific states. Pekin writes life insurance policies, as well as things such as funeral preplanning and medicare supplements, in many other locations.
Pekin insurance review: Summary
In conclusion, Pekin is a reliable insurance provider for customers in the regions they serve. They offer a wide array of coverage options, have a strong reputation for customer service, and provide a variety of potential discounts. Their online presence may not be as robust as larger insurers and their coverage is geographically limited, but their commitment to policyholders is clear. As always, potential customers should compare quotes and coverage from various insurers to ensure Pekin meets their unique needs.
Methodology — how The Zebra reviews insurance companies
The team of insurance experts at The Zebra considers the company's standing in five main categories to come up with an overall rating. These metrics are weighted according to importance and are detailed below:
- Price (20%): Using the base profile detailed below, we compared the company's average rate with the national average. If it surpassed this average, we gave a lower rating; if it fell below, we awarded a higher rating.
- Coverage (20%): The highest-scoring companies offer a variety of coverage options, including bundling options, roadside assistance, telematics, beyond-basic coverage levels, and a variety of other coverage types.
- Customer service (30%): We averaged ratings from JD Power, the NAIC complaint index to come up with a rating for the company's customer service. In instances when a company is not rated, we may use alternative rating agencies such as the Better Business Bureau and Trust Pilot.
- Financial strength (10%): We use AM Best to determine a company's financial standing. In some cases when a company is not rated by AM Best, we may use an alternative measure such as Demotech.
- The Zebra's Customer Satisfaction Survey (20%): The Zebra conducts an annual survey measuring customer satisfaction for many of the top insurance companies with the goal of ranking both the best auto insurance companies and best home insurance companies. Read more below.
For our auto insurance review, we analyzed more than 83 million insurance rates spanning every U.S. ZIP code using a sample user profile: a 30-year-old single male driver with a Honda Accord, good credit and full coverage at these levels:
- $50,000 per person/$100,000 per incident for bodily injury liability
- $50,000 per incident for property damage liability
- $500 deductibles for collision and comprehensive coverage
For our home insurance review, rates are based on a sample user profile: a 45-year-old married homeowner living in a 2,500-square-foot single-story home built in 2011 with these coverage levels:
- $200,000 for the dwelling
- $20,000 for other structures
- $100,000 for personal property
- $100,000 for personal liability
- $1,000 deductible
These sample premiums are dynamic and automatically refresh whenever the newest data is made available.
To generate pricing for particular rating factors, we adjusted this profile based on common pricing factors used by major car insurance companies. These factors include credit score, coverage level and others.
For The Zebra's Customer Satisfaction Survey, findings are based on an online quantitative survey of 4,134 current U.S. auto and home insurance customers, with Census-balanced sampling by age, gender and region. Categories with n=<20 responses are considered insufficient sample size and are not reported. This survey was developed by The Zebra and executed by independent research firm Maru/Blue in 2023.
Pekin insurance: Frequently asked questions
Is Pekin a good insurance company?
Pekin insurance is a good option for drivers in AZ, IL, IN, IA, OH, and WI desiring multiple coverage options, good customer service, and potential discounts. However, those living outside of Pekin's geographic coverage or who prioritize speedy and efficient claims processing should look elsewhere.
Which states is Pekin insurance in?
Pekin Insurance sells insurance in Arizona, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin but only sells auto insurance in Arizona, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Ohio, and Wisconsin.
What is the AM Best rating for Pekin insurance?
Pekin received an "Excellent" rating from AM Best, meaning they are in a solid financial position for paying out claims.
Is Pekin insurance owned by Farmers?
Pekin is a subsidiary of The Farmers Automobile Insurance Association, which is different from the well-known Farmers Insurance, operated by Farmers Group, Inc.
Get quotes from 100+ companies with The Zebra!