Ask An Agent


Get free insurance advice on demand



Can a townhome be covered under an HO-6 insurance policy?

I am in the process of purchasing a townhome and would like to know if it can be covered by an HO-6 policy. Do townhomes fall under the same classification as condominiums, or will I have to get a regular homeowners policy?

Agent Answer

That depends on what parts of the property you are responsible for. If the townhouse shares walls and you are not responsible for the outside of the property but own the townhouse (like a condominium) then you qualify for an HO6. If you own the outside structure, you may need a regular homeowners policy. Good luck and if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Was this helpful?

0 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More