Do I need personal or commercial auto insurance to tow my flatbed trailer and hauling machinery?

I am not a business, but I own a flatbed trailer. My son-in-law has a heavy equipment company and on occasions have needed machinery delivered with my trailer. What kind of policy do I need? 

Dec 22, 2020 Bolivar, MO

Renata Balasco

Dec 22, 2020

Even though your vehicle is used for personal use, your vehicle itself is made for business use. If you want it insured then you will need to get commercial insurance, especially if your son-in-law has an equipment company. 

Compare auto insurance rates and save up to $670 per year!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.