My camper stays at a seasonal campground year-round. What type of insurance do I need?

I have a 2003 Carriage Carri-lite 5th wheel trailer. It is permanently set on a site at an adult campground. The campground is open from around mid-April to November 4th. What type of insurance do I need?

Jul 17, 2019 Freedom, NH

Beth Swanson

Jul 17, 2019

If the trailer is for personal use, which it sounds like is the case, you would need just need regular RV/trailer insurance. This is fairly straightforward, and we can help you out with quotes from several carriers at The Zebra by calling 888-807-3823.

However, there are cases where people live in their travel trailers or motorhomes for seasonal employment, rotating job sites or other work-related circumstances every few months. We've been asked about employees living on a temporary job site in their RV/motorhome, and in this case, a commercial policy is the best option. We work with Progressive Commercial so feel free to call 877-583-4124 to get a quote.

Best of luck, and if you have more questions we're always here for you to ask! For more information, check out the additional resources below.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.