Ask An Agent


Get free insurance advice on demand



Can I get an SR22 and non-owners with an IID?

Can I get sr22 insurance on a vehicle I don’t own if I’m required to have an iid installed? I am in Wisconsin.

Agent Answer

Ava Lynch

An IID, or ignition interlock device, is usually only required if you own a vehicle. I would contact a lawyer because I (an insurance agent) cannot answer this for you. You might be able to get your IID requirement waived if you submit a declaration of non-ownership. This states you do not own a vehicle, don’t operate anyone else’s vehicle, and do not operate an employers vehicle. From here, you can get a non-owners policy and satisfy your SR22 requirement.

Was this helpful?

1 0
  • Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

    Ask us another question and an insurance expert will get back to you with an answer.

Looking to save money on your car insurance?

Learn More