Should I register my vehicle in the state I attend college in?

Should a college student who has a residency in a different state register his car to the state he goes to the college?

Sep 24, 2018 Tampa, FL

Ava Lynch

Sep 24, 2018

It depends. Obviously, you want to get the insurance in the state that the car is registered in. If the college student is not listed on their parent's policy, you would need to register the car in the state that you live in for most of the year. If they are listed on their parent's policy, they can keep the car registered in their home state and disclose to the insurance company that they are a distant student. Good luck and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Compare insurance rates today!

Location pin icon
No junk mail. No spam calls. Free quotes.