Why you can trust The Zebra
Car insurance in Lowell
On average, Lowell premiums are $246 higher than the state average. Going over some tips below about how to save on Lowell car insurance can save you money.
Lowell car insurance by age
The largest drop in premiums between any age group is from the teenage age range to the 20s, as drivers in Lowell start saving 63%. The downward direction continues, as premium prices in Lowell decrease the older a driver gets. Everyone loves to save money, and luckily for drivers in their 70s, they do just that! They have the lowest payments among any age group, with rates of $1,155. People in their 60s ($1,186) have premiums that aren't much higher. With car insurance payments of $4,898 on average, teenage drivers have the biggest premiums out of all the age groups.
- Teenagers: $4,898
- 20s: $1,835
- 30s: $1,394
- 40s: $1,345
- 50s: $1,296
- 60s: $1,186
- 70s: $1,155
Lowell car insurance by accident or violation history
Does your driving record show a history of accidents or violations? That can have an impact on your premiums. A DUI will increase your car insurance premiums more than other driving violations. Drivers with a DUI in Lowell need to spend nearly double the average for the city to insure their vehicle. Reckless driving will also bump your premiums up, with average rates of $2,856, which are 97% higher than the city average! For individuals in Lowell with at-fault accidents in which damages exceeded $2,000, rates are an average of 5% more than at-fault accidents with damages less than $1,000.
- DUI: $2,890
- Reckless Driving: $2,856
- At-fault Accident (damages less than $1000): $2,362
- At-fault Accident (damages greater than $2000): $2,469
- Speeding Ticket (16-20 mph over speed limit): $1,811
* Credit score is considered discriminatory in Massachusetts and thus is not used as a rating factor when companies determine how much you'll pay for auto insurance each year.
* Insurance rates aren't affected by either marital status or gender in Lowell.
Compare car insurance quotes now!
About The Zebra
The Zebra is not an insurance company. We publish data-backed, expert-reviewed resources to help consumers make more informed insurance decisions.
- The Zebra’s insurance content is written and reviewed for accuracy by licensed insurance agents.
- The Zebra’s insurance content is not subject to review or alteration by insurance companies or partners.
- The Zebra’s editorial team operates independently of the company’s partnerships and commercialization interests, publishing unbiased information for consumer benefit.
- The auto insurance rates published on The Zebra’s pages are based on a comprehensive analysis of car insurance pricing data, evaluating more than 83 million insurance rates from across the United States.