Where is Plymouth Rock car insurance available?
Plymouth Rock Assurance offers auto insurance coverage in six states: New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, New York and New Hampshire.
Plymouth Rock car insurance coverage options
All of the standard auto insurance coverage types can be purchased via Plymouth Rock — liability, collision, comprehensive, uninsured/underinsured motorist and medical payments. This insurance company also offers four tiers of extra coverage — each of which comes with some unique perks and benefits — along with some optional coverages that can be added to a Plymouth Rock policy.
Automatically included with every policy, Plymouth Rock's Essential Assurance includes:
- Crashbusters® mobile claim service: A claim representative will be sent directly to you, wherever you are, to assess the damage.
- Door-to-door valet claim service: Plymouth Rock will pick up your car, transport it to the repair shop and return it to you when it's done.
- Guaranteed repairs: For as long as you own or lease your vehicle, repair work completed at one of Plymouth Rock's registered repair shops is guaranteed.
- Get Home Safe®: This covers up to $50 for a one-time, one-way cab fare home.
- Online services: Manage your policy online, where policyholders can see ID cards, update information, track claims and more.
- Pledge of Assurance®: If Plymouth Rock fails to meet your customer care standards, it will make a $25 contribution to your choice of a select group of charities.
Along with all of the benefits available under Essential Assurance, Assurance Plus includes the following protections and can be combined with Assurance Preferred or Assurance Premier:
- Additional rental coverage: Your daily limit for a rental vehicle is increased.
- Mobile device and laptop replacement: If your cell phone, tablet or laptop becomes damaged after a covered accident, it will be repaired or replaced (up to the specified limit) with no deductible.
- Pet injury coverage: Policyholders can receive compensation for veterinary care or other expenses if their dog or cat is injured following a covered loss.
- Seatbelt/airbag benefits: If a death occurs after an accident, additional benefits could be received if a seatbelt was worn and an operable airbag was deployed.
- Child car seat replacement: Plymouth Rock will pay to replace your child car seat (up to the stated limit) if it becomes damaged from a covered event.
- Personal property coverage: This deductible-exempt coverage protects damaged personal belongings not covered by the mobile device and laptop replacement benefits.
- Waiver of collision deductible: If get in an accident with another Plymouth Rock policyholder and you're not at fault, your collision deductible will be waived.
- Enhanced bail bond coverage: Get an increased limit above your base policy if you sustain bail bond costs due to an accident.
- Loss of earnings coverage: This provides extended coverage for loss of regular income if you're required to attend a trial or hearing because of an accident.
- Deductible waiver for glass repairs: Your deductible will be waived for auto glass repair; the damage must be smaller than a quarter and be a result of a covered accident.
Plymouth Rock's Assurance Preferred includes all of the features of Essential Assurance and adds these additional benefits:
- Roadside assistance: This common add-on will deliver assistance for towing, flat tires, lock-outs, battery service and more if you find yourself stranded on the road. Eligible only for customers in NJ and PA.
- Deductible waiver for windshield replacement: If a covered loss results in you having to replace your windshield, you won't face a deductible.
- Additional towing and labor coverage: This bumps up your coverage (in excess of roadside assistance) for towing if you already have towing and labor coverage.
- Waiver of depreciation: If a part is repaired or replaced on your vehicle after an accident, its normal deduction for depreciation is waived.
- Airbag accidental discharge coverage: If an airbag deploys accidentally — and it wasn't caused by a covered event — Plymouth Rock will pay to repair or replace it up to the coverage limit.
- Pet injury coverage: If your dog or cat is injured in an accident, this will cover veterinary care and other related expenses.
Including all of the coverages under Assurance Preferred, Assurance Premier adds the following:
- Roadside assistance: If you need help with your vehicle while you're on the road, roadside assistance can help with things like fuel delivery, battery service and lock-outs. Eligible for customers in MA, NJ, NH, PA and CT.
- Deductible Dollars®: For each year without a claim, policyholders can earn a $50 deductible credit.
- Trip interruption coverage: This covers expenses for lodging and meals stemming from a covered loss while you're more than 100 miles away from home.
- New car replacement: If your new car becomes totaled within your first two years as its original owner, this will cover its replacement for the same make, model and year.
- Plus one car replacement: If your car was two model years old or less when it's totaled, it will be replaced with the same make, model and year.
- Loan/lease gap coverage: This covers the financial gap between what you owe on your lease or loan if your vehicle is totaled. This coverage cannot be combined with new car replacement or plus one car replacement.
- Electronic key replacement: If your electronic key is stolen or lost, Plymouth Rock will pay for its replacement.
Additional optional coverages from Plymouth Rock
Plymouth Rock has a few optional enhancements and endorsements that can be added a la carte to a policy:
For qualifying policyholders, Plymouth Rock won't raise your premium following a surchargeable accident upon the policy's renewal.
Full glass coverage
The comprehensive deductible won't be charged for glass-only claims.
$100 glass deductible
Your deductible will be lowered to $100 for glass-only claims.
Waiver of deductible
Only available in Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Plymouth Rock's deductible waiver add-on waives collision deductibles in certain situations.
New car replacement
Applicable for vehicles newer than two years old, new car replacement coverage will replace a totaled car with a new one (same model year, make and model).
Loan/lease gap coverage
If your vehicle gets totaled, the payout you receive may not be enough to cover the entire amount you owe for the lease or loan. This is due to deductions made for the depreciation of the car. Gap insurance is a coverage option meant to prevent such a situation, and Plymouth Rock will cover the difference.